Monday, May 16, 2011

HELLO TO ALL MY NEW FREINDS

I am writing this blog hopefully to help and inspire others in there daily lives.
One thing I have learned since being diagnosed with Adult ADHD is that I can accomplish my dreams but it is just going to take me a little longer.

I have a special place in my heart for people who also live with this on a daily basis.
I have quite a few tools for the trade that I have learned along the way that has helped me.  In the days and weeks to come I am going to focus on each topic and Idea that I have.

I would love to hear from you, please tell me your accomplishments and challenges with ANY learning disorder.   What would you like to learn from me?
Is there anything that I can personally help you with?
Just let me know and I will try to help as much as I can!

HUGS TO ALL!!!!
Looking forward to our journey

2 comments:

  1. I have a teenage daughter who has ADD,cant get her to do her homework ,she struggles to keep up and failing most of her classes.I also have a couple of kids in sp ed.I have also strugled in school,and Belive I also have AADD.Im a MOM of 6kids and 2 grandbabies taht I help raise

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all Meet with her teachers and School counseler and set her up with An Individual education plan or a 504 plan. (these are plans and guild lines that the school sets to help with kids education.) HAVE A MEETING WITH THE TEACHERS THAT IS ALWAYS A GREAT PLACE TO START.

    Homework survival is to break assignments down into smaller parts. Make sure you know the due dates on all assignments. Most Schools offer on line ways to check your kids grades and to communicate with teachers.

    Communication with Educators and Counselers is KEY.

    As far as yourself, You can go to a family doctor and make an appointment to have them diagnose. Doctors care is ALWAYS the best place to start. Then go from there.

    You may want to go to the following site for more information:
    ADDItude.com this is a site and magazine for ADHD.

    Hope this helps
    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete